Skip to main content

Camera Obscura

I decided to make a camera obscura using a cereal box. I began by gathering the supplies:


Cereal box, bag, scissors, tape, and a thumbtack.

Then I cut a square in the box:



Then I cut the bag and taped it over the hole:


Lastly, I used the thumbtack to poke a hole in the opposite side of the cereal box.



Then it was time to hold it up to a light source. I used a lamp that hangs above my desk. Although it's somewhat dark and not the easiest to see in a picture, there is an inverted reflection of the lamp:



(You can see the large circular rim and the cord coming out of the bottom rather than the top)

Overall, I thought it was an interesting project to do and would like to see what a large-scale camera obscura looks like too.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Xerox Project

I attempted to create a piece of art primarily using curly hair texture and hand prints. The hand prints gradually change from hovering over the scanner to fully pressing against it, creating a gradation. The curly hair was intended to look like waves or flowers that the hand is gradually reaching towards.

Video Art

View here:  https://youtu.be/EHUY03vcvs4 Artist Statement: When trying to decide how to approach this project, I began by thinking of how I could incorporate technology both into the theme and the production of the video. I ended up using the Photo Booth application on my Mac to record a video using the heat map effect. I experimented with how the effect worked by moving different distances from the camera and moving my hand over the camera, causing a flickering effect where the heatmap colors changed temporarily. I utilized technology by recording myself using various devices- my phone, laptop, and game console. The way that the heatmap responded to the screens of the devices was interesting. To edit the video, I used Final Cut Pro to import each clip, trim them, and use various effects. I used different opacities to overlay clips onto each other, in order to achieve a more complex image. I also added overlay trails, kaleidoscopes, mirror images, and duplication. These effects